Professional project Administrator Program
The Professional Project Administrator (PPA) Program is employment-focused online training designed for Indigenous students.
The PPA Program provides the skills and tools students need to start a successful career in the rapidly growing profession of project administration. Graduates have been hired by health, education, non-profit, government, media, and Indigenous organizations. Some graduates have used their skills to start a business.
Essential Skills Development
In this 18-week full-time program, students develop essential skills crucial to nearly every organization.
• Project management
• Collective leadership
• Data management and reporting
• MS Office Suite
• Communication and presentation
• Proposal writing
Upon completion of the program, participants have the option to prepare for the Certificate Associate in Project Management (CAPM) designation through the Project Management Institute (PMI).
In addition to providing the best education possible for project administration, the PPA Program weaves in personal and professional support.
• Living allowances provided through partnering Indigenous organizations
• A laptop loaded with MS Office 365, plus a mouse and keyboard
• Guidance and teachings from an Indigenous Elder
• Cultural activities
• Career development webinars, job club, and a job fair
• One-on-one individual career support
• Access to Indigenous counselling services
• One-on-one life coaching sessions
The Professional Project Administrator Program is offered in partnership between Professional and Continuing Studies at Royal Roads University, and Indigenous communities.
“I’m definitely not applying to the same kind of jobs that I used to. I feel qualified for a lot more.”
“I’m now better equipped to do work that I feel is really important and that I care about; I’m bringing community programming to Indigenous communities.”
Send Us a Message
Email us your questions or to be notified about upcoming programs…